Cardox® Low-Pressure CO2 Fire System
The CARDOX Low-Pressure Carbon Dioxide (LP CO2) System is a proven solution when used to protect areas that require multiple suppression cycles, expansion capabilities, numerous hazards or more than 5000 lbs of CO2.
CO2 is an odorless, colorless, inert gas that extinguishes fire primarily by diluting the oxygen that supports combustion. It is applied by either the “total flooding” or “local application” method. CO2 is not recommended for normally occupied spaces, except when other means of fire protection are not effective.
Total flooding delivers CO2 into an enclosure until the fire is extinguished. For open hazards, the CO2 local application method blankets the hazard extinguishing the flames and cooling the hazard.In “total flooding”, the enclosure of the hazard protected is flooded to a proper concentration. In “local application”, CO2 is directly applied in the proper amount at the rate required to cover the protected hazard.
We have the expertise and product line to protect a full range of hazards with vertical and horizontal storage tanks ranging from 2¾ ton to 60 ton and are available in 120, 220, 380, 460 and 575 volts, 50/60Hz, single and three phase variants. Optional CSA and PED approved systems are also available.
- Fast-acting, within seconds CO2 penetrates the entire hazard area to smother the fire.
- Less expensive to replenish than other agents.
- Does not require hydrostatic testing.
- Leaves no residue, eliminating the need for a time-consuming and costly clean-up
- Effective on a wide range of flammable and combustible materials in both surface and deep-seated fires.
- Allows for multiple hazard protection from a common piping system.
- Addresses hazards with partial enclosures or unenclosed equipment
- Compensates for continuous air handling process
- Suitable for extreme temperatures
- Horizontal or Vertical Installation
- Allows for multiple and extended discharges
- Variety of standard/stock refrigeration packages available
Listing & Approvals
- FM Approved
Tài liệu liên quan
Certifications and Approvals
Chem C-64-001 CARDOX® Low Pressure CO2 Storage Tanks
Chem C-64-100 LPCO2 Ball Valve, Stainless Steel (w/o Limit Switch)
Chem C-64-110 LPCO2 Ball Valve, Stainless Steel (with Limit Switch)
Chem C-64-120 LPCO2 Ball Valve, Stainless Steel (w/ Exp. Proof Limit Switch)
Chem C-64-220 LPCO2 Wafer Valve (with Exp Proof Limit Switch)
Chem LPCO2 Component Plates
Chem LPCO2 Data Sheet
Kidde C-64-050 LPCO2 Hand Held Hose Line Systems
Kidde C-64-051 LPCO2 Spooled Hose and Reel Assembly
Kidde C-64-052 LPCO2 Wall Mounted Reel
Kidde C-64-053 LPCO2 1″ Hose Line Adapters
Kidde C-64-054 LPCO2 1″ ID Hose Line
Kidde C-64-055 LPCO2 Hose Line Playpipe Assembly
Kidde C-64-056 LPCO2 Playpipe Bracket
Kidde C-64-057 LPCO2 Pilot Light for Hose Line
Interested in purchasing High Pressure CO2 (HP CO2) Fire System?